Who we are
About us in short
Our mission is to bring about a world where everyone can go to school without fear of being bullied.
70% of middle school and high school students are bullied in school. We know personally the negative effects and fear that come with being bullied.
We are here to do what we can to help schools and districts tackle bullying. We provide tools and resources to teachers, principals, counselors, and everyone in the school community to help tackle bullying.
BRIM Anti-Bullying Software is the result.
Your Next Step
If you work with a school or school board, request more information and we’ll be in touch with you shortly to help and answer any questions you might have.
BRIM truly can help schools better handle cases of bullying which can only lead to more happy kids.
The need for BRIM
The hardest thing for victims of bullying to do is report it.
No kid wants to be labeled a “tattle tale”, and so most victims of bullying stay silent. When they finally come forward to get help, the physical or psychological damage is already done.
Kids need to report bullying sooner, and so this is why it’s critical that reporting bullying be made as simple and confidential as possible and that both victims and bullies receive consistent, timely help.
BRIM is designed to do exactly those things: enable students to confidentially report bullying online and help schools keep track of incidents once reported.
What Happens Too Often …
- the situation is dealt with once but little or no follow-up is done in the following weeks or months;
- school policies for handling cases of bullying are not consistently followed;
- immediate consequences for aggressive behaviors are not enforced;
- all the staff needed to address the situation aren’t notified and so future incidents go unnoticed.
But with BRIM …
- Incidents are recorded and the appropriate staff instantly notified.
- Follow-up reminders and weekly summary emails ensure consistent, timely interventions.
- School discipline policies can be loaded into BRIM and checked off for each reported incident ensuring consistent treatment of all incidents (checklists aren’t just for pilots and doctors anymore!)
- Staff and teachers can login and collaborate on incidents, and BRIM keeps everybody in the loop.